Our carbon reduction plan
Supplier Name: Bulloughs Cleaning Services Limited
Publication Date: 16/12/2022
Commitment to achieving net zero
Bulloughs Cleaning Services Limited is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2040.
Baseline Emissions Footprint
Current Emissions Reporting
Emissions reduction targets
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets.
- Science based net zero carbon targets by 2040
We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 1,088 tCO2e by 2027. This is a reduction of 42.15%.
Carbon Reduction Projects
Completed Carbon Reduction Initiatives
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented since the 2019 baseline. The carbon emission reduction achieved by these schemes equate to 98 tCO2e, a 5.2% reduction against the 2019 baseline and the measures will be in effect when performing the contract
- Move to virtual meetings using Microsoft Teams.
- Hybrid work models (to reduce commuting)
- Switch to chemical-less cleaning technology (90% less water, 83% less plastic and 72% less packaging)
- Switch to battery powered cleaning equipment (improved productivity and reduced water usage)
- ISO14001:2015 – certificate number 08/3232
- LED lighting
- 10% fleet transitioned to EV or Hybrid technology
In the future we hope to implement further measures such as:
- Solar power system at head office
- Engage with supply chain to ensure suppliers set science-based carbon reduction targets and commit to net zero.
- Reduce commuting emissions
- Improve electric vehicle charging infrastructure
- Transition to a fully hybrid / EV fleet
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors (or equivalent management body).
Signed on behalf of the supplier:
– Managing Director