Frequently Asked Questions
We’re proud to hold a high client retention rate of 98.4% (2022) which is sustained through offering unique benefits and exceptional support to both our clients and employees.
As a client you can count on the very best results due to the following unique benefits:
- You’ll be provided with a bespoke service tailored to your needs and shaped utilising our 55 years of industry experience
- We are the only cleaning company certificated to deliver BICSc Training on-site, ensuring our cleaning operatives receive a high level of convenient training
- A unique benefit for our staff includes being paid weekly. This benefit coupled with the support offered by a full-time Welfare Officer and access to health assured support counselling are some of the reasons that our staff choose to work for Bulloughs Cleaning Services
With over 55 years of industry experience, we know exactly what it takes to deliver the very best service to our customers, as well as the standards that are essential to adhere to.
We have been awarded the following accreditations:
- Accredited to ISO9001 Quality Standard
- Accredited to ISO14001 Environmental Standard
- Awarded Employer of Excellence Accredited Standard for our dedication to staff training and development
We are proud to be members of the following organisations:
- Member of Cleaning & Support Services Association (CSSA)
- CHAS Accredited Contractor
Our Quality Policy is to determine, agree and conform to our customers’ needs and expectations.
We achieve this by:
- Conforming to recognised quality assurance standard BS EN ISO 9001:2008 and statutory law.
- Communicating our quality policy and working procedures to every employee to ensure they can perform their work to the highest possible standard.
- Implementing employee training procedures to ensure high standards of working practice.
- Carrying out regular audits to detect and improve unsatisfactory quality levels.
- Communicating regularly with our customers to ensure quality and safety standards are being met.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We treat all new staff (including TUPE staff) as if no training has been delivered. By taking this approach and delivering the same approved BICSc training to all staff, we can ensure a consistent level of knowledge. This certificated training runs alongside our own induction and training system.
All guidelines provided by our trade body (Cleaning and Support Services Association) with regard to Health and Safety training are incorporated into our own policies wherever appropriate. Plus, senior company personnel responsible for Health and Safety attend refresher and update courses organised by the Cleaning and Support Services Association (CSSA).
Training of our cleaning operatives is carried out at the client’s work location. The onsite training is carried out by the Area Contract Manager who will be a BICSc certified trainer. Staff are not allowed to commence work on any site without training being given. The depth of the training will be more thorough for clients with more specific requirements.
Our clients are set up on our CleanLink Quality Audit System, which provides a secure online login to give our clients up-to-date information on their site(s).
This includes audits, site contracted hours, risk assessments, method statements and hours report. Our Contract Managers are supplied with PDA devices which enable them to carry out various reports ‘on-site’.
These reports included quality audits operated in ‘real-time’ enabling us to get information to our clients immediately.
You will be assigned a Contract Manager who will be able to help you with your day-to-day needs. If it happens to be an enquiry they can’t answer right away, they’ll liaise with the relevant person within Bulloughs and relay the response in a timely manner.
You’ll be able to contact your dedicated Contract Manager anytime via mobile phone or email. All our managers have smartphones and tablets, making them accessible at all times.
At Bulloughs, we are fully committed to environmental sustainability. Our commitment filters through to all aspects of our business, from how we source our products, the product recommendations we offer clients as well as the targets we set ourselves. Examples of the Environmental Policy include:
- Over 95% of our cleaning material purchases are made within the UK
- Our staff are set the target of reducing their fuel usage by 5% per year
- We will reduce our waste production by 5% every year
For more information on our Environmental Policy, please click here.